Schedule an Appointment
To set up service for your appliance, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Davie Major Appliance
540 Sanford Ave, Mocksville, North Carolina 27028, United States
Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
Frequently Asked Questions
In some cases appliance problems are really simple fixes like clogged drains and vents that you can easily take care of yourself. But when parts break or fail count on us to fix it quickly and correctly the first time.
Why is my dryer not drying my clothes?
1. The dryer lint screen (lint trap) has not been cleaned (poor or restricted airflow).
2. A clogged or kinked (bent) dryer air vent hose (inadequate or no airflow).
3. Drum has stopped turning, broken drum drive belt.
4. Overheated or bad motor (possible thermal overload).
5. Thermal fuse or thermostat (could be caused from dryer air vent hose lint buildup)
6. Heating element burnt out.
7. Loose electrical plug or power socket.
8. Other mechanical issue, fault or malfunction.
Why is my dishwasher not draining?
Other possible causes are:
1. Drain pump failure.
2. Control board failure.
3. Timer failure.
4. Check valve failure.
5. Pump assembly failure.
How often should I clean my dryer vent?
We’re not talking about simply removing the lint from the filter, either. A complete dryer vent cleaning involves:
1) Going outside to inspect the dryer vent opening
2) Clearing obstructions from the outside dryer vent
3) Removing lint buildup from the entire length of the dryer vent
4) Cleaning the area behind the dryer
5) Thoroughly cleaning the dryer lint trap and drum
How often should I clean my refrigerator coils?
Why is my fridge not cooling?
1. Make sure that your Thermostat Is turned down.
2. Check to see that the vents are not clogged.
More serious problems will be:
3. Frost build up on the evaporator coils.
4. A clog in the condenser coil.
5. Malfunction of the controller board.
Why is my washing machine not spinning or draining clothes?
2. The drain pump may have failed.
3. The drive belt may have broken.
4. The lid switch assembly might be defective.
How often should I change out my water filters on my fridge?
Six months is an average but can vary widely based on factors such as usage and flow rate expectancy. If you’re uncertain how long it’s been since you’ve replaced your refrigerator’s water filter, some indicators that it needs to be replaced include:
1) The water gives off an unpleasant odor
2) The water has an icky taste or tastes like tap
3) The water pressure gradually decreases